Get the latest travel measures for Greece in a snapshot. Designed by Eclectic Greece for its valued clients around the world.
Updated on December 8th
Updated on December 8th
Greek borders are not closing as a result of the second lockdown the country entered on Saturday, Nov. 7th. Greece’s airports will remain open to domestic & international travel but restrictions will be in force. Please take into consideration the following aspects:
We wish to remind our travelers to check the latest travel requirements applicable to your destination country, as well as your point of origin, as you prepare for your travel. Before your trip, please take the following five (5) ACTIONS:
– Wearing a mask is mandatory everywhere in public (indoors and outdoors).
– A 24-hour restriction on movement must be followed
– People are allowed to leave their homes only for specific reasons and must notify authorities by sending an SMS.
– Teleworking is mandatory for 50 percent of employees
– A number of businesses, including retail stores, bars, cafes will remain closed.
TRAVELING OUT OF HOME PREFECTURES IS BANNED: traveling between Greek prefectures (domestic travel) will not be allowed until 6am on January 7, 21
MOVEMENT IN THE COUNTRY Greece’s night curfew from 9 pm to 5 am will remain in place and outside movement in Greece will continue to be allowed only for specific reasons and by sending an SMS to the five-digit mobile phone service 13033. More details here.
As of Tuesday, November 10th, those traveling abroad from Greece (outbound travelers) will also be obliged to fill out the PLF form at least 24hrs before departure. The Form can be found here. Travelers out of Greece will be required to self-isolate for a given period after several European countries revised their travel restrictions due to a surge in Covid-19 infections this month. Please find at this link the list of designated clinics in Greece that offer Covid-19 RNA test service.
Arrivals by sea by ferry ships are allowed only in Patras, Corfu and Igoumenitsa ports. Travelers must complete 24 hours before their arrival in Greece a Passenger Locator Factor (PLF) form and a confirmation email will be received upon its submission. An electronic or hard copy of the PLF confirmation should be presented to the designated crew members before embarkation onboard a ship at any Italian port. Travelers will also receive the PLF with a QR code on the day of their scheduled arrival in Greece (at midnight) and will be notified via email (the QR code will be provided in a link in the confirmation email). No such restriction applies on yachting.
· Arrival at the entry gate.
· Transfer to the area where the screening personnel are located. Travelers are requested to show their QR code either on their mobile phone screen or in print. If travel departure begins prior to the day of arrival, travelers are allowed to board after showing the confirmation email (and not necessarily the QR code which is scheduled to arrive during their trip.)
· Depending on their QR code/confirmation, travelers are directed either to the screening area where they will be tested for the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 by a trained health team or to the exit (to baggage claim area or passport control).
· Upon completion of the test, travelers are directed towards the exit (to baggage claim area or passport control).
· The test results are expected to become available within 24 hours. During that time, passengers who are tested are advised to practise social distancing according to local guidelines and self monitoring for symptoms that could indicate COVID-19. In case of such symptoms, medical advice and/or contact with the National Public Health Organization (EODY) Operations Centre should be immediately sought. Only in case they test positive, the authorities will contact them and proceed with the health protocol in place. Otherwise, they may continue with their holidays, adhering to the general public health safety guidelines.
· If travelers plan to have multiple stop-overs in Greece, they must declare this and report their initial destination and their travel itinerary for the next 7 days.
All travelers must comply with all of the necessary preventive hygiene measures (use of masks and physical distancing) according to local guidance.
CRUISE SHIPS UPDATE: Greek Tourism Minister Harry Theoharis once again said cruise travel in Greece may possibly resume in August. “I want to believe that within the first 15 days of August, Greece will be able to open to cruise travel,” Minister Theoharis said, adding that cruise lines are interested in including Greece in their itineraries. When asked if large cruise lines are interested in launching itineraries in Greece, the president of the Union of Cruise Ship Owners & Associated Members (EEKFN), Theodore Kontes said that no itineraries should be expected before September.
Please note: For clarifications on entrance to Greece, travelers can find further information here.
The Greek state will cover expenses related to hospitalization of visitors suffering from Covid-19 symptoms.
In the event of a confirmed infection, close contacts of the case will be transferred to a separate quarantine accommodation at the expense of the Greek state. Remaining guests will continue their holidays.
Greece will cover transfer to hospital and medical costs as well as stay in quarantine hotel if needed. We urge airlines travel agents and hotels to offer maximum flexibility during this time of customer and regulatory uncertainty.
Subject to evaluation, such tests can be accepted.
Please note that only travelers who carry a certificate of a negative RT-PCR test result will be allowed by the border authorities to enter the country. The certificates should be written in English and bear the name and passport/national ID number of the traveler.
The Laboratories that perform the RT-PCR testing should be:
Certificates that do not fulfil the above criteria will not be accepted. Certificate forgery is punished by Greek Law.
The Ministry of Tourism has a plan of audits and we encourage all enterprises to seek third party accreditation. We have also set up a training and information website for employees and owners in order to ensure that the knowledge of the protocols is disseminated in a timely and responsible manner. Finally, we have established steep fines for those neglecting their duties. In case of complaints, visitors can call the four-digit number 1572 of the Ministry of Tourism.
* Please note: Restrictions, testing requirements, and mandatory quarantine measures are subject to change depending on how successful Covid-19 management/infection rates reported at airports of origin and according to the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) guidelines.
PLEASE NOTE that every two (2) weeks the list of countries will be reviewed and the information updated. For latest travel updates for Greece please visit this link here. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions about travelling to Greece.
This summer, choose Greece as a safe luxury leisure destination and get our Eclectic Benefits.
Please see below our indicative list of Villas & Hotels in Greece along with our exclusive benefits.
Also please share with your clients FIVE reasons to book a villa in Greece this summer.
• Complimentary Round Trip Transfers
• Complimentary selected tour or activity
• Special Discounts on car rental
|DESTINATION||VILLA SUGGESTION||VILLA’s full presentation||DESTINATION GUIDE|
|MYKONOS||Villa Duane||Click here||Choose Mykonos|
|MYKONOS||Villa Earth||Click here||Choose Mykonos|
|MYKONOS||Villa Panormos||Click here||Choose Mykonos|
|PAROS||Villa Breeze||Click here||Choose Paros|
|PAROS||Villa Gin||Click here||Choose Paros|
|SANTORINI||Villa Opaline||Click here||Choose Santorini|
|SANTORINI||Villa Quartz||Click here||Choose Santorini|
|SANTORINI||Villa Rock||Click here||Choose Santorini|
|NAXOS||Villa Serendipity North||Click here||Choose Naxos|
|NAXOS||Villa Serendipity South||Click here||Choose Naxos|
|CRETE||Villa Diocles||Click here||Choose Crete|
• Take advantage of our special Eclectic Amenities at each hotel property
|DESTINATION||HOTEL SUGGESTION||HOTEL’s WEB PAGE||DESTINATION GUIDE|
|ATHENS||Grande Bretagne||Click here||Choose Athens|
|ATHENS||New Hotel||Click here||Choose Athens|
|MYKONOS||Bill & Coo||Click here||Choose Mykonos|
|MYKONOS||Ammos/ Blanc||Click here||Choose Mykonos|
|MYKONOS||Santa Marina||Click here||Choose Mykonos|
|SANTORINI||Canaves Hotels||Click here||Choose Santorini|
|SANTORINI||Andronis Hotels||Click here||Choose Santorini|
|SANTORINI||Katikies||Click here||Choose Santorini|
|SANTORINI||Secret Hotel||Click here||Choose Santorini|
|SANTORINI||Mystique||Click here||Choose Santorini|
|PAROS||Parilio||Click here||Choose Paros|
|PAROS||Paros Agnanti||Click here||Choose Paros|
|PAROS||Summer Senses||Click here||Choose Paros|
|NAXOS||Naxian Collection||Click here||Choose Naxos|
|NAXOS||Naxian on the Beach||Click here||Choose Naxos|
|NAXOS||18 Grapes||Click here||Choose Naxos|
|CRETE||Daios Cove||Click here||Choose Crete|
|CRETE||Domes Noruz||Click here||Choose Crete|
|CRETE||Domes of Elounda||Click here||Choose Crete|
|CRETE||Domes Zeen||Click here||Choose Crete|
|CRETE||Elounda Gulf Villas||Click here||Choose Crete|
|CRETE||Casa Delfino||Click here||Choose Crete|
|PELOPONNESE||Αmanzoe||Click here||Choose Crete|
|PELOPONNESE||Euphoria Retreat||Click here||Choose Crete|
|SPETSES||Posidonio||Click here||Choose Crete|